This is in response to a recipe request. I haven't made this, but I'm sure intrigued and the next time I have all day to cook I will definately try this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 lb cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 lb ground veal (or 1/4 pound of each) or 1/2 lb ground pork (or 1/4 pound of each)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch of dried clove
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1For Bolognese Sauce: In large pot heat butter over medium-high heat.
- 2Add bacon and ham and saute until carmelized and light brown, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add ground meats and cook over high heat until well browned and stirring constantly, about 20 minutes.
- 4Add the onions, carrots, celery and mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add garlic, cloves and nutmeg to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- 6Add wine and cook till almost evaporated.
- 7Add stock, simmer over medium-high heat about 45 minutes or until sauce is thickened and flavorful.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Stir in the creamand parsley and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 10Set aside until ready to assemble.
- 11Bechamel Sauce:In saucepan, melt butter over low heat and stir in flour, stirring constantly until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 12Slowly whisk in milk to blend together.
- 13Set over high heat and quickly bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 14Allow to cook for 5 minutes or so until floury taste is gone.
- 15Remove from heat and add salt and nutmeg to taste.
- 16To assemble:Preheat oven to 350.
- 17Butter a large rectangular baking dish.
- 18Spoon 1/2 cup of meat sauce onto the bottom of the dish.
- 19Cover with 1 layer of cooked lasagna noodles.
- 20Top with 1 layer of meat sauce, completely covering noodles, then add a light dusting of cheese.
- 21Repeat layering in orders given until all have been used, ending with a topping of bechamel sauce and cheese.
- 22Bake covered for 45 minutes with aluminum foil; then uncover and bake for 15 minutes until cheese on top is lightly golden brown.
- 23Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Lasagna Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.4
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 84.9 mg
- Sodium 978.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 24.3 g