1/1 Photo of Emeril's Kicked-Up Tuna Melt
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Looking for an interesting tuna melt, I wandered into the Food Network where I found this little gem of Emeril’s which I slightly adapted to suit my ‘buds. Even my tuna-averse husband loved them! I omit the tomatoes for personal preference, but have left them in the recipe. Please note that while I’m leaving the recipe yield and ingredient quantities the same as the original, I actually got twice as many open-faced sandwiches!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and minced (You can use other brine-cured black olives)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, plus
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, plus more
- mayonnaise, for spreading
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices rustic white bread or 4 slices other dense white bread
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 4 ounces emmenthaler cheese, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat the broiler and position the oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler.
- 2Combine the tuna, olives, mayonnaise, red onion, capers, black pepper, lemon juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- 3Arrange the bread slices on a work surface. Lightly spread each slice of bread with additional mayonnaise and top with 2 tomato slices each. Divide the tuna salad evenly among the 4 bread slices over the tomatoes. Top the tuna salad with slices of cheese.
- 4Place sandwiches on a sheet tray and place under broiler. Cook until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 3-4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Kicked-Up Tuna Melt
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.5
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 1397.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 43.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: