1/7 Photos of Emeril's Homemade Pepper Sauce
Taken from Emeril Lagasse's book - "Every Day's a Party"; posted for ZWT 5. Taken from the recipe intro - "The oils in the flesh and seeds of the peppers are quite volatile. You should wear rubber gloves when handling them, being careful not to touch your face or eyes while working with the peppers." **Refrigeration / 'aging' time is NOT included in prep or cooking time.
My Private Note
1 oz. s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the stems from the peppers, cut them lengthwise in half, and remove the seeds.
- 2Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 3Put the peppers, vinegar, water, and salt in a medium-size nonreactive saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let steep until completely cool.
- 5Pour the mixture into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- 6Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, pour into sterilized bottles, and secure with airtight lids.
- 7Refrigerate and let age for at least 2 weeks before using.
- 8**Note - The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Homemade Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 438.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g