Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Good Morning America. We only made the chicken paillards and the tomato-cucumber relish, so I don't know how it is with the bruschetta, although I suspect it's great! We're going to do our chicken breasts this way anytime we need a quick and easy recipe.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless (6-ounces each)
- 1 large tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely sliced (green tops only)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- creole seasoning
- 1 bunch arugula, tough stems removed, washed and spun dry
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2-inch thick diagonal)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Preheat the grill to high (500 F). Clean the grill while it is heating with a metal wire grill brush and season with a tightly rolled kitchen cloth coated in vegetable or olive oil.
- Place each chicken breast half between two sheets of plastic wrap. With the flat side of a meat mallet or the side of a cleaver, working from the outer edges in, gently pound to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Refrigerate, still between the plastic wrap, for 5 minutes.
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the 5 teaspoons remaining oil with the lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pinch freshly ground black pepper and stir to blend.
- Remove one piece of the plastic wrap from each chicken breast. Rub about 3/4 teaspoon of the olive oil mixture on the exposed side and season lightly with Creole seasoning.
- Carefully place the chicken, seasoned side down, on the hot grill and quickly peel away the remaining piece of plastic wrap. With a spoon, dab the remaining olive oil mixture onto the exposed chicken and rub evenly over the meat. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes, turn, and cook until the chicken is firm to the touch, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, place 1 chicken breast in the center of each of 4 large plates and divide the relish among the plates, spooning it partially onto and to the side of the chicken breasts. Arrange the arugula on the sides of the plates with 2 slices of bruschetta. Serve immediately.
- Bruschetta - Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush both sides of the bread with oil.
- Place the bread slices on the grill and cook until marked and lightly toasted, about 1 minute per side. Remove from the grill and rub one side of the bread with the crushed garlic.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. Makes 8 slices.