Recipe by Tish
This is one of my adopted recipes. I love Green beans, especially when prepared with that Emeril flair!
Top Review by V.A.
Oh My Gosh Are These Good! We were looking for something to serve with grilled boudin, and these were perfect! I did used chicken broth in place of the water, but I think the ham and bacon are what really seasoned the beans to perfection! These were wonderful and they will be making the rounds at our house on a regular basis. Thanks so much for posting this recipe, we enjoyed it very much! :)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ham, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced canned tomato, with their juice
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs green beans, trimmed and cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over high heat.
- Add bacon and ham and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and cook, stirring until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juice and cook, stirring for 4 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of the water, salt, pepper and beans.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans begin to soften, about 20 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 cup water and cook until beans are very tender, about 10 minutes.