4 hrs 25 mins
A very tender roast with lots of flavor; lots of garlic flavor! A recipe by Emeril Lagasse, this recipe is courtesy of the Food Network, with a little bit of changes made to the original. I found this while seaching for a recipe for my sirlion tip roast and wanted to share it. I served this with some warm buttered bread. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and halved lengthwise,plus
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, trimmed and cut in thirds
- 2 medium yellow onions, cut and quartered
- 1 1/2 lbs white potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2-2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1Make 30 (1 1/2inch deep) slits around outside of roast.
- 2Insert half of the garlic into the slits.
- 3Rub meat with Esscence, pepper and salt.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 5On stovetop, in a large OVEN-FRIENDLY dutch oven or roasting pan, brown roast in oil (all 4 sides, about 4 minutes each side); remove from pan.
- 6Add red wine to pan; scrape up any brown bits with a wooden spoon.
- 7Whisk together tomato juice and 1 cup water; add to wine in pan and cook for 2 minutes; remove and reserve.
- 8Place carrots, celery flat on bottom of pan; place bay leaves on those veggies and top with onions, potatoes and the rest of garlic, creating a nest for the roast.
- 9Place roast on top of nest; add reserved liquid mixture and 2 cans of beef broth.
- 10Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- 11Uncover, baste and lower heat to 350 degrees.
- 12Recover and cook another 2 to 2 1/2 hours, basting each hour in between and add additional water as needed, if liquids become too thick.
- 13Remove; baste and let rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Garlic -Studded Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.7
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 813.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sirloin tip roast
Emeril's Original Essence
low sodium beef broth