Recipe by The Bruce
This is a great fried turkey recipe, but you need to have the equipment to make it. Equipment needed is an outdoor deep fryer, marinade injector, and a meat thermometer.
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon zatarian concentrated crab boil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup Emeril's Original Essence or 1⁄2 cup creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 10 -16 lbs turkey
- peanut oil, for frying (about 5 gallons)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade Instructions:.
- Combine the Worcestershire, crab& shrimp boil, apple cider, honey, beer, 1 tbs salt, allspice, Emeril's essence, 1/4 tsp cayenne and ground cloves in a blender and puree on high for 4-6 minutes.
- Using a marinade injector, inject the breast, wings, thighs, legs and back with the marinade.
- Rub Instructions:.
- Combine the remaining salt, cayenne and pepper.
- Rub the turkey with the mixture.
- Place the turkey in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Frying Instructions:.
- Heat the peanut oil to 350 degrees F.
- Place turkey in peanut oil and cook the turkey for 3-5 minutes per pound.
- Remove the turkey from the oil when the internal temperature reaches 170- 180 degrees F.
- Place on paper towel to drain.
- Let the turkey rest for 15-20 minutes prior to carving.