Recipe by Lowell
From of Course Emeril Live. The very Best low fat fried green tomatoes. Portions vary on amounts cooked.
- 2 medium green tomatoes, per person
- masa harina flour, harina*
- vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the green tomatoes 1/4 thick slices.
- Soak in buttermilk at least 30-60 minutes.
- Mix equal parts flour, cornmeal.
- If you can find Masa Harina add 1/4 amount.
- Add salt pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oil to frying temperature.
- Dip the tomatoes from the buttermilk into the dry mix.
- Brown both sides, remove then put on a plate/rack to drain in a warm oven.
- Serve with Miracle Whip or mayonnaise.