Recipe by Lawsome
This is a recipe from the Food Network. The fresh juices make a nice change from bottled mixes.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Excellent margarita recipe. I agree that the use of fresh lemons, limes & their zests make the difference from average margaritas. This has such a fresh taste. I used 5 limes and 2 lemons to get the specified amounts. Thank you, Lawsome. :-)
- 177.44 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml pineapple juice
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml lime zest
- 14.79 ml lemon zest
- 8 lime wedges
- 118.29 ml coarse salt
- 236.59 ml ice
- 236.59 ml white tequila
- 177.44 ml triple sec
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lime juice, lemon juice, water, pineapple juice, sugar, lime zest and lemon zest in a med. saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cool to room temperature and strain out the zests. (Can be made in advance and keep in a covered container in the refrigerator.).
- Chill the margarita glasses in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Place the coarse salt in a shall dish or saucer.
- Wet the rim of each with a lime wedge and dip the glass into the salt to coat.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the cooled citrus syrup with the ice, tequila
- and triple sec.
- Shake until frothy and well chilled, at least 1 minute.
- Strain into the prepared glasses and garnish each with a lime wedge.