This is a recipe from the Food Network. The fresh juices make a nice change from bottled mixes.
Make and share this Emeril's Fresh and Fierce Margaritas recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the lime juice, lemon juice, water, pineapple juice, sugar, lime zest and lemon zest in a med. saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cool to room temperature and strain out the zests. (Can be made in advance and keep in a covered container in the refrigerator.).
- Chill the margarita glasses in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Place the coarse salt in a shall dish or saucer.
- Wet the rim of each with a lime wedge and dip the glass into the salt to coat.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the cooled citrus syrup with the ice, tequila
- and triple sec.
- Shake until frothy and well chilled, at least 1 minute.
- Strain into the prepared glasses and garnish each with a lime wedge.