Recipe by Kimke
These are adapted from an Emeril recipe and very very easy. Whenever I make them, people love them. You can serve them with fresh berries, ice cream, or whipped cream. Impress your guests!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- sweetened cocoa, as garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Butter and flour 4 (6-ounce) ramekins or baking dishes, tapping out the excess flour.
- Set on a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, or a glass bowl set over a pan of boiling water, melt butter with the chocolate, cream, and powdered sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and salt until thick ribbons form, about 3 minutes.
- Sift flour into the egg mixture and fold together.
- Fold the chocolate into the egg mixture. Divide among the prepared dishes and bake until the sides of the cake are set and the tops are puffed but still soft, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the ramekins for 2 minutes, then unmold onto dessert plates.
- Sprinkle cocoa over the cakes, and serve.
- Fresh berries, ice cream or whipped cream make a nice accompaniment.