This is Emeril Lagasse's version of the Dagwood sandwich made famous by the Blondie cartoons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 slices white bread (thick slices)
- 1/4 lb sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced turkey breast
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced roast beef
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced pastrami
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced monterey jack pepper cheese or 1/4 lb monterey jack cheese, if pepper jack is too spicy
- 1/2 lb sliced salami
- 5 pieces thick-cut bacon, cooked crisp and halved
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thin slices (about 5)
- 10 leaves green leaf lettuce, washed, patted dry, and stem end removed
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 3 slices pickles (small slices)
- 3 long metal skewers
- potato chips, accompaniment
- 1Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Season with chopped garlic and Essence.
- 2Arrange 5 bread slices on a large cutting board. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture evenly on each slice.
- 3Layer the meat and cheeses evenly among the bread slices in this order: pepperoni, Swiss, turkey, provolone, roast beef, cheddar, pastrami, pepper jack, and salami. (Fold the meats so that the sandwiches will stack evenly on top of each other.) Top each of the sandwiches with tomato slices and the remaining bread slices.
- 4Spread about 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture on top of each sandwich and lay 2 bacon halves on top of each sandwich.
- 5Place 1 cherry tomato and 1 pickle slice through each skewer.
- 6Carefully build the Dagwood Sandwich by stacking all 5 sandwiches on top of each other. Separate the sandwiches by placing 2 lettuce leaves in between.
- 7To keep the sandwich tower from falling over, fit the skewers into the sandwich tower all the way through the center. To serve, pull off the desired amount of bread, meat and cheese, and serve with potato chips on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Dagwood Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (2310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5201.7
- Calories from Fat 3021
- Total Fat 335.7 g
- Saturated Fat 153.4 g
- Cholesterol 1206.2 mg
- Sodium 11975.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 177.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 359.6 g