Recipe by yooper
Haven't made this yet, but I'm passing this along for all the "Emeril" fans out there! These look mighty tasty indeed!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion (green part)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole mustard or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled,deveined,and chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions (green part)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fine plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- shredded lettuce
- tomatoes, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Tartar Sauce: In small bowl, combine ingredients.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Burgers: In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper, salt and cayenne; cook until softened, 6 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cook 3 minutes, until opaque.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl; let cool slightly.
- Add garlic, scallion, 1 egg and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs; mix.
- Divide into 4 equal portions; shape into 4 patties.
- In shallow bowl, combine flour with 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning.
- In another shallow bowl, beat remaining egg with 1 Tablespoon of water.
- In third small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs and 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning.
- Dredge each patty in flour mixture, then egg, then crumbs.
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add patties cook 3 minutes per side, to brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Spread buns with tartar sauce.
- Fill with patty, lettuce and tomato.