Recipe by Mysterygirl
I saw this recipe on Food TV's web site and had to try it. I love his recipes and this one is no exception. I make it several times a year.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lbs fresh spinach, washed, stemmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 6 cup casserole.
- In a large saute pan, melt the remaining butter.
- Add the onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for about 2 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
- Add the spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cream.
- Mix well.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer the mixture for 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and turn into the prepared pan.
- Add 1/2 of cheese to casserole and stir.
- Sprinkle the top with the remainder of the grated cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 4 to 6 minutes or until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.