1/3 Photos of Emeril's Crab Imperial
The title says it all! Updating 8/3/07-- I made this again and added 2 scallions, some yellow peppers and a tbsp of creole seasoning. It was a great addition to the original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups lump crabmeat, picked over to remove any shell and cartilage
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons black caviar
- 1/4 breadcrumbs
- 1/4 finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb fresh pea shoots
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, bell peppers, shallots, parsley, tarragon, salt and white pepper.
- 3Gently fold the crabmeat into the mayonnaise mixture, being careful not to break up the lumps, then carefully fold in the caviar until just mixed.
- 4Divide the crabmeat among 4 shallow ramekins.
- 5Sprinkle 1 tablespoon each breadcrumbs and cheese on top of each and bake until warmed through and browned on top, about 12-15 minutes.
- 6Sauté the pea shoots in oil for 1-2 minutes,season with salt, remove. Serve alongside the crab.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Crab Imperial
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 583.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: