Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Emeril...good dip to serve with tortilla chips!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (or other seasoning)
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup canned chopped mild green chili
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat until hot, about 1 minute.
- Add onion and Emeril's and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato, if using, and garlic and cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cheeses and chiles.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream, white pepper and salt and serve immediately with tortilla chips.
This was absolutely awful! Cooked tomatoes? No cilantro? I have never tasted a worse queso. I was able to salvage this by adding 3 cups of rice, making a casserole-type side dish for dinner that night. With groceries as expensive as they are these days, don't waste your time OR money on this one.
This is so good!! Talk about a flavorful Con Queso, this is it!! I made 1/2 of the recipe, and did opt to add the tomatoes, ( and I did have Emeril's Essence seasoning and didn't feel it needed any cilantro) and everyone loved it. The only negative is that it takes on a real chunky (almost cottage cheese texture/look) when not constantly heated and stirred. I just need to tweak it so that it is creamy and thinner, but keep all that wonderful flavor!! Thanks for sharing this great recipe Charmie!! Made for Culinary Quest 2015.
Unfortunately no onion for me so I uesd onion powder but otherwise followed the directions exactly. I got the white cheddar from the deli section in slices and then just broke up the slices into pieces and stirred them in. Poured it into a crock pot after it was cooked and served with tortilla chips. DELICIOUS! I had made copies of the recipe but ran out, so had to email the link. This will be a regular for us!!