Recipe by Charmie777
This is from Emeril...good dip to serve with tortilla chips!
Top Review by lmgutierrez
This was absolutely awful! Cooked tomatoes? No cilantro? I have never tasted a worse queso. I was able to salvage this by adding 3 cups of rice, making a casserole-type side dish for dinner that night. With groceries as expensive as they are these days, don't waste your time OR money on this one.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (or other seasoning)
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup canned chopped mild green chili
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat until hot, about 1 minute.
- Add onion and Emeril's and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato, if using, and garlic and cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cheeses and chiles.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream, white pepper and salt and serve immediately with tortilla chips.