Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is by far my favorite chili. You can adjust the amount of the spices or add some hot chili peppers to "kick it up a notch"!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey (or beef)
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice (Baby Bam recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 32 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 (24 ounce) can kidney beans
Baby Bam (store in air tight container with other spices)
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- Heat oil and brown meat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spices and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and kidney beans and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer 30 minutes
- Serve over baked potatoes or egg noodles with garnishes (sour cream, cheddar cheese, etc).