1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
These are some of the best candied sweet potatoes I have ever eaten! Kicked up with bourbon, real vanilla bean, brown sugar, butter, orange, and cinnamon. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8ths
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 vanilla beans, split in half lengthwise (or 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Bourbon (I use Jack Daniels)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a large heavy pot, combine the potatoes, sugar, water, orange juice, vanilla beans, orange zest, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a simmer over high heat.
- 3Lower the heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Strain the potatoes out of the sauce and place in a casserole dish. Return the sauce to the pan.
- 4Add the bourbon to the sauce and cook (stirring often) on medium-high heat until syrup is thickened, about another 15-30 minutes.
- 5Pour the syrup over the potatoes and place in the oven. Bake until the potatoes are browned, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the butter, stirring gently to incorporate.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Candied Sweet Potatoes - Kicked Up!
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 342.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 88.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: