Recipe by mpk911lady
As the title says this is Emeril's recipe for cream of broccoli soup. I have made it many times and it is my favorite.
Top Review by Cook4_6
This soup has outstanding flavor; I highly recommend you sprinkle a bit of Emeril's Essence seasoning on each serving. This recipe is a bit incomplete. I had to jump on the Food Network to get the quantity for celery (1/2 cup), and simmering time after it boils the first time (30 minutes). Definitely yummy though!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into rounds
- cayenne pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 quarts water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, grated
- creole seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, carrots and celery. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Add broccoli and saute for 3 more minutes. Add water and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil reduce heat and cover, add the cream and simmer another 10 minutes. With a hand held blender, puree the soup.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the Gruyere cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted. Check for seasoning. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a little of the remaining Gruyere cheese and Creole seasoning. Serve with crusty bread.