Recipe by linguinelisa
This recipe is from one of Emeril's kids cookbook, which I have adapted slightly. Sometimes I just use dried bread crumbs in place of the Melba toast. We love these!
- 1 (5 ounce) box melba toast
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence or 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence or 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 6 thin center-cut pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Place Melba toast in food processor and pulse to form coarse crumbs, about 3 pulses. Combine in a plastic bag with Italian seasoning, 2 tablespoons Essence, garlic powder, Parmesan and vegetable oil. Close bag and shake to combine.
- In bowl combine eggs and 2 teaspoons Essence.
- Dip one pork chop in the eggs, then place in bag, close, then shake to coat both sides. Place on wire rack. Repeat with remaining choips. Bake until done, about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and serve.