1 hr 25 mins
Watched Emeril make this last night on Emeril Live. It looks absolutely delicious and I can't wait to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (12 ounce) bottles dark beer
- 2 lbs fresh bratwursts, links
- 4 slices bacon, sliced crosswise into thin strips
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lb small red potato, halved
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch sticks
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- crusty bread, for serving
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Pour 2 bottles of the beer into a medium (oven-proof) Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- 3Using a small knife or fork, pierce each sausage link several times.
- 4Add bratwurst links to the beer, turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove the sausages from the pan and set aside to cool slightly. Reserve the sausage-cooking liquid.
- 6Slice the sausage links into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- 7Add the bacon to a separate dutch oven and cook over medium heat until crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 8Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 9Add the sliced bratwurst to the bacon drippings and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- 10Add the onions to the pan and cook, stirring often, until lightly brown and wilted, about 5 minutes.
- 11Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- 12Stir in the reserved sausage-cooking liquid, the remaining bottle of beer, chicken stock, potatoes, carrots, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaf to the pot. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a medium-low and cover.
- 13Place the Dutch oven in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- 14Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprig. Stir the crispy bacon into the stew and serve hot with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Bratwurst and Beer Stew
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1785.8
- Calories from Fat 1258
- Total Fat 139.8 g
- Saturated Fat 48.3 g
- Cholesterol 346.9 mg
- Sodium 4348.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 68.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: