Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe on the back of a pkg of Emeril's sausage. Thought it was yummy. Have made it without thyme springs and it was still yummy.
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, divided
- 4 link emeril's chicken-apple sausages
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml light brown sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 118.29 ml dark beer
- 44.37 ml Bourbon
- Heat medium-size skillet over low heat for 30 seconds.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and add onions and brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes until onions are partially browned. Season with salt and pepper, and place thyme sprigs in skillet.
- Add sausage whole and cook, stirring occasionally until sausage is browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add beer; reduce heat and cook, covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining butter and boubon.
- Remove thyme springs before serving.
- Serve sausages and onions in toasted French or Hoagie roll with Emerils Kicked up Horseradish mustard.
Oh, Baby! This is gooooooood! I didn't use buns, just served sausages with a side of polenta and peas. WOWSA!
This is amaaaaaaaazing!