Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe on the back of a pkg of Emeril's sausage. Thought it was yummy. Have made it without thyme springs and it was still yummy.
- Heat medium-size skillet over low heat for 30 seconds.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and add onions and brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes until onions are partially browned. Season with salt and pepper, and place thyme sprigs in skillet.
- Add sausage whole and cook, stirring occasionally until sausage is browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add beer; reduce heat and cook, covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining butter and boubon.
- Remove thyme springs before serving.
- Serve sausages and onions in toasted French or Hoagie roll with Emerils Kicked up Horseradish mustard.