1/1 Photo of Emeril's Bacon Lentils
I came across this on the Food Network. I was on a quest to do something with a bag of lentils a neighbor gave me. I didn't know what they were and didn't know how to prepare them. I lightened up the orig. recipe that called for bacon slices and use bouillion instead of stock to fit my own needs. This is an excellent recipe. You must try these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat large soup pot over med high heat with oil.
- 2Add onions, celery, and carrots.
- 3Cook until the veggies sweat a little and become tender.
- 4Add bacon bits, bay leaves, and lentils.
- 5Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly to not burn the bacon.
- 6Add the water and boillion cubes.
- 7Bring to a boil.
- 8Cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Bacon Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 708.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g