Emeril's Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- In a large, deep skillet, cook the bacon over moderately-high heat until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. Add the onion and garlic to the pan, reduce the heat to moderate and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the softened vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Add the Brussels sprouts in batches and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown on the outside.
- Add the reserved bacon and vegetables to the Brussels sprouts in the pan along with salt and pepper, to taste, and a pinch of sugar.
- Cover skillet with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.