Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Emeril's Kid Cookbook, "There is a Chef in My Soup!" It is similar to his Emeril's 1-2-3 Lasagna, but with no meat and fewer spices. My kids *loved* making this! Allow for extra prep time if your kids are new to cooking. ;)
- 425.24 g ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 946.36 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4.92 ml spices (it calls for Baby Bam)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1182.95 ml homemade pasta sauce (it calls for Recipe #220831) or 1182.95 ml store-bought pasta sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using a large wooden spoon, stir together the ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup of the grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the grated mozzarella cheese, the Baby Bam, salt, parsley, basil, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Spread 1 cup of the Best Basic Red Sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish. Lay 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise in the dish. The noodles should not overlap or touch one another.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and spread it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese evenly over the ricotta. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, for a total of 4 layers of noodles. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top layer of tomato sauce. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese .
- Cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour .
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the casserole from the oven and discard the aluminum foil. Return the dish to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Using the mitts or pot holders, remove the casserole from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
I made this for my super picky eater. I added shredded carrots Which were a great added texture. She loved it. I used no boil noodles and her favorite plain marina sauce. I used a smaller deeper casserole dish which worked wonderful.
Easy to make. All 3 of my boys loved it and they never really all like the same thing! Thank you!
Although my son refused to help me make this, he did enjoy eating it. I used a store-bought sauce and regular noodles (not no-cook). This did take longer than I expected to put together, but it was much faster than a traditional lasagna. I did need to leave it in the oven for an extra 10 minutes to cook the noodles completely. Can't wait to see how the leftovers reheat. Thanks!