Recipe by ~la petite chef~
Fresh, Healthy and DELICIOUS! The lemon with the feta is unbelievable. I eat this over Salad, with tortilla chips, or just plain! Eye the amount of olive oil if you want a drier salad This recipe was featured on the Packing a Punch Episode of Emeril Green.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was incredibly tasty and easy! I did not serve this over lettuce, but packed it for lunch. It is a great take-along salad because it doesn't get soggy, etc. I used a garlic and herb-flavored feta but, other than that, made this exactly as posted. Thanks for sharing this keeper!
- 2 (15 ounce) chickpeas, drained and rinsed under cold water
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, finely chopped (if jarred rinse well under water and pat dry with papertowel)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 10 olives, chopped (such as kalamata or green)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup feta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, roasted red peppers, red onion, parsley, olives, garlic, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper, lemon juice & zest, and olive oil.
- Then add feta and stir gently to combine.
- Allow chickpea to marinate for at least 1 hour or refrigerate up to overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with bed of lettuce and tomatoes, spoon mixture over leaves.