1/2 Photos of Emeril’s Chickpea Salad
~la petite chef~'s Note:
Fresh, Healthy and DELICIOUS! The lemon with the feta is unbelievable. I eat this over Salad, with tortilla chips, or just plain! Eye the amount of olive oil if you want a drier salad This recipe was featured on the Packing a Punch Episode of Emeril Green.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) chickpeas, drained and rinsed under cold water
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, finely chopped (if jarred rinse well under water and pat dry with papertowel)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 10 olives, chopped (such as kalamata or green)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup feta
- 1In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, roasted red peppers, red onion, parsley, olives, garlic, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper, lemon juice & zest, and olive oil.
- 2Then add feta and stir gently to combine.
- 3Allow chickpea to marinate for at least 1 hour or refrigerate up to overnight, stirring occasionally.
- 4Serve with bed of lettuce and tomatoes, spoon mixture over leaves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril’s Chickpea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.0
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 1710.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 16.7 g