Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made these with breakfast and really enjoyed them. See Emeril's Essence for Emeril's Essence. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine July/August 2012.
- 2 large baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs, scrubbed well)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence (See Recipe #482579) or 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (See Emeril's Essence)
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Pat the potatoes dry and cut them lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Turn each slice flat and slice again lengthwise into even 1/2 inch thick fries.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and add the olive oil, seasoning, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Toss well to combine, then transfer the fries to a large baking sheet and arrange them in one even layer so that they are not touching.
- Roast, scraping the potatoes from the baking sheet with a metal spatula and turning them over halfway through, until golden brown and crispy, about 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the cheese, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and stir to blend.
- When the potatoes are crisp and brown, sprinkle with the paprika-parmesan salt.
- Serve hot.