Recipe by Miss Fannie
Recipe from the foodnetwork.com.
Top Review by Annacia
I almost forgot to review this! I made it at about mid-morning and it just hit the spot perfectly. I very recently picked up a good supple of mint for our ZWT9 trip to Morocco/Tunisia. I used a bit of Splenda and fully enjoyed Morocco's national beverage.
- 4 teaspoons green tea leaves or 4 teaspoons moroccan tea
- 24 fresh spearmint, plus more for garnish
- 4 -5 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 1 quart boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Add boiling water to a teapot that holds about 4 cups water, and swirl to warm. Discard the water and add the tea, 24 mint leaves, and sugar to the teapot. Pour the quart of boiling water into the teapot and swirl once or twice to dissolve the sugar. Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tea through a strainer into small decorative Moroccan glasses or teacups. Garnish each with several fresh mint leaves.