1/1 Photo of Emeril Lagasse's Delmonico Potatoes
This recipe was posted in answer to a message board request. It was taken from the Emeril Lagasse recipe web site (http://www.emerils.com/recipe/167/delmonico-potatoes). Feb 25, 2011 - An Update - Re: Micks' posting: First: Thank you for posting the recipe for "Emeril's Essence/Emeril's Creole Seasoning" :-) Second: No one is claiming this is the recipe for the potatoes served at the "Original (since 1837) Delmonico's Restaurant" in New York City. A restaurant that I have personally had the pleasure of eating in many times (I was born/raised in NYC). I have had the "Classic Delmonico Potatoes" there on many occasions. The potatoes served at the "Original Delmonico's Steakhouse" in NYC are different from the ones that are served at Emeril's restaurant ("Emeril's Delmonico Steakhouse" in New Orleans, La.) Again, I have personally eaten the "Delmonico Potatoes" at Emeril's restaurant when I was in New Orleans. The recipe that is posted is the same as the recipe he uses in HIS restaurant. I hope this clarifies any confusion. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2In a large sauté pan, melt the butter.
- 3Add the onions.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Sauté for 1 minute.
- 6Add the garlic.
- 7Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 8Stir in the milk and bring the liquid to a boil.
- 9Remove from the heat and stir in the potatoes.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Pour into a greased 6 cup baking dish.
- 12In a mixing bowl, add the bread crumbs and a drizzle of oil.
- 13Mix thoroughly.
- 14Season with Essence.
- 15Stir in the parsley.
- 16Spread the crumb mixture evenly over the potatoes.
- 17Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 18Remove from the heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril Lagasse's Delmonico Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.8
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 70.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g