Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If anyone knows Creole food, it's Emeril. Get a nice BAM! to your food with this delicious sauce/dip. Terrific on any meat and it also works really nicely as a salad dressing. Enjoy!
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole whole grain mustard or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons other hot whole grain mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients except the oil and process for 20 seconds. With the machine running, add the oil in a steady stream through the feed tube and process until smooth and thick. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 12 hours before serving.
This is a great creole mustard sauce. It's extremely easy to make and was very flavorful. I plan to use it on my sandwich for lunch this week. I served atop Recipe #503852 and this was a perfect condiment. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT9.
A cross between a mustard and a spicy mayonnaise. I made this to use in a variety of recipes for the tour, but can see myself using it in other, not creole-inspired recipes.