Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Untried by me; posted in response to a request for beignets.
Make and share this Emeril Lagasse's Banana Pecan Beignets recipe from Food.com.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter; add the brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly to dissolve, for about 1 minute.
- Add the pecans and continue to cook for 1 minute, then add the bananas and vanilla; now cook that for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beaten eggs, milk and baking powder to make a batter; add the flour, 1/4 cup at the time, beating until it all is used and the batter is smooth.
- Now add the banana mixture to the batter and fold to mix.
- In a pot that is deep enough to safely deep-fry, heat the shortening to 360F; season with cane syrup and cinnamon.
- Drop the batter, a heaping tablespoon at a time, into the hot oil.
- When the beignets pop to the surface, roll them around with a slotted spoon in the oil to brown them evenly.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Immediately sprinkle the beignets with icing sugar (powdered sugar) and make sure you serve the beignets warm.