Untried by me; posted in response to a request for beignets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter; add the brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly to dissolve, for about 1 minute.
- 2Add the pecans and continue to cook for 1 minute, then add the bananas and vanilla; now cook that for 1 minute.
- 3Remove pan from the heat.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, combine the beaten eggs, milk and baking powder to make a batter; add the flour, 1/4 cup at the time, beating until it all is used and the batter is smooth.
- 5Now add the banana mixture to the batter and fold to mix.
- 6In a pot that is deep enough to safely deep-fry, heat the shortening to 360F; season with cane syrup and cinnamon.
- 7Drop the batter, a heaping tablespoon at a time, into the hot oil.
- 8When the beignets pop to the surface, roll them around with a slotted spoon in the oil to brown them evenly.
- 9Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 10Immediately sprinkle the beignets with icing sugar (powdered sugar) and make sure you serve the beignets warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril Lagasse's Banana Pecan Beignets
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 51.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g