Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Emerils Kitchen cookbook 2003.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Combine all ingredients is a jar or airtight container mix well.
I used to buy a creole seasoning that I put on my vegys, mushrooms etc. When I ran out & searched for an alternative & was happy to find a recipe on Zaar. I originally found Emeril Lagasse's Essence but recently I just found it was deleted due to it being considered duplicate for #5031. It had all the same ingredients but was very difficult to scale to 1/4 cup (and the amounts didn't match on all). This recipe is much closer to the original, hence where it was posted from. As a result I've moved my review to this recipe.
Great recipe and tasted just like original!!