Recipe by lea_petra
I was in a middle of another dessert recipe when I discovered a main ingredient, that could not be substituted was gone! I swear I bought it! Then the bowl broke, and other disasters. This is what happened. Turned out good. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the strawberries with sugar.
- Let sit 15 minutes. (or at least that is how long it took for me to give up on the other recipe and throw this together).
- Whip the cream, jam, and vanilla together.
- Drain the strawberries (some of the sugar will stick to the bottom).
- Take half the whipped cream and fold into the strawberries.
- Place in dessert cups.
- Top with the rest of the whipped cream.
- Chill at least 1 hour.