Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from the family cookbook. DH loves it and it's really simple! I am estimating on the oil for frying. Use your own judgement. You can add spices to the egg mixture if you want. I usually just add salt, pepper and paprika. I sometimes prepare a country gravy to go over these.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup wheat flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil, for frying
- 1 cup flour
- Mix the ground beef, wheat flakes, evaporated milk, pepper, salt and onion in a large bowl.
- Press onto a square cookie sheet.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- When chilled, cut into strips.
- In medium bowl, mix eggs and milk together.
- Pour flour into a bowl or small baking dish. Dip beef strips in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Then , dip them into the egg mixture, followed by the flour mixture a second time.
- Fry in a skillet until golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes.
great recipe. I did not have wheat flakes so I used Townhouse Crackers crusded fine. We really enjoyed this fine recipe.