Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I have included how to make toast points because that's what I like this stuff on. It got it's name from pulling me out of many rough situations when I needed to bring something to some function and had forgotten.
- Mix these ingredients and spread on toast points and run under the broiler for about 15 seconds.
- Be careful not to burn.
- I prefer to use it on toasted bread, which I make by trimming the crusts from day old (that's using the term loosely, it's usually many days old).
- Cut the bread slices into triangles or squares, up to you.
- Place bread on cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven to 200 degrees or warm and leave in oven for 1-2 hours or until as crisp as you like them.
Wow! How can something so simple taste so good??? I didn't have minced onions so I used the proper equivalent ratio of onion powder. This spread comes together quickly and the flavors blend beautifully. Even my kids enjoyed it a lot. I made rye toast points and the results were downright "gourmet". Thanks RiffRaff! I'm going to remember this one!
It sounds like a silly recipe but very good and you can add anything you desire with it. I used canned, drained green chilies. Great with soup as well. Thank you. Margie