Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
This isn't a recipe as much as it is a solution to "I'm starving. What's for dinner?" when you walk in the door.
- 6 frozen meatballs (homemade or store bought)
- 1⁄4 cup pasta sauce, from a jar
- 2 tablespoons cheese, shredded
- 1 submarine roll
- Heat frozen meatballs in a microwave oven, on a paper towel on a plate, for 4 to 5 minutes until hot.
- Heat pasta sauce in pan on stove; add hot meatballs.
- Place meatballs in sub roll.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat in oven or microwave oven until cheese melts.
- This makes enough for one but is easily multiplied for the number you are feeding.
Great Idea - I almost always have meatballs on hand, but I never think to make a sub! Quick and easy - truly a lifesaver on a busy night.
I used Marc Angelo fresh meatballs. Fried them until brown & then added them to the sauce to finish cooking. Used more cheese than stated. I also toasted the sub buns & melted the cheese under the broiler. A quick easy dinner. Thanks for the idea!
Just what I needed a quick dinner. I always have some frozen meatballs on hand ans a quick salad with it oven fries and it was all together with no effort in half an hour - I used ready made Taco sauce . Thanks hokiegal for posting