Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
This isn't a recipe as much as it is a solution to "I'm starving. What's for dinner?" when you walk in the door.
- 6 frozen meatballs (homemade or store bought)
- 1⁄4 cup pasta sauce, from a jar
- 2 tablespoons cheese, shredded
- 1 submarine roll
- Heat frozen meatballs in a microwave oven, on a paper towel on a plate, for 4 to 5 minutes until hot.
- Heat pasta sauce in pan on stove; add hot meatballs.
- Place meatballs in sub roll.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat in oven or microwave oven until cheese melts.
- This makes enough for one but is easily multiplied for the number you are feeding.
Great Idea - I almost always have meatballs on hand, but I never think to make a sub! Quick and easy - truly a lifesaver on a busy night.
I used homemade meatballs that I had in the freezer and jarred pasta sauce. So easy!
So good! I found frozen meatballs that came packaged in sauce so that cut out an wxtra step for me. I didn't bother to shred the cheese, I just cut some slices and let it melt. Such a delicious and simple meal that can be dressed up if I have time. Wish I had come across this before now. Thanks for posting.