Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fast and easy, hence the "emergency" title. I make it if I am in a pinch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- tomato paste
- 9 1⁄2 ounces minced clams
- 1 lb linguine, cooked per directions
- Drain clams reserving liquid.
- Saute the onion, celery and garlic in olive oil.
- Add spices, tomatoes, wine, reserved clam broth.
- Simmer 30 minutes,.
- Add tomato paste to desired thickness.
- Add reserved clams.
- Serve over pasta with good parmesan cheese.