Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Like the emergency crab dip, I had unexpected company for dinner and not much in the kitchen. This is tasty and simple, impresses guests, and is easy to clean up. Keep in mind that no veggies were prepped, so that's why they're not here...EMERGENCY RECIPE! Use the Emergency Crab Dip recipe and follow this recipe. (Dip repeated here for simplicity.)
- 16 ounces crabmeat
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 dash onion powder or 1 dash garlic powder or 1 dash paprika
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (batter)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 dash oil
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- Combine and gently mix crabmeat, mayo, Old Bay, and 1°C bread crumbs. Texture should be lumpy and sticky. Add mayo if batter won't hold.
- *If you have onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne powder, or paprika -- add a
- little to taste*.
- Add large dash of (sea)salt and pepper.
- Using hands, shape a palm-sized portion into a ball and flatten to a cake.
- Put "batter" breadcrumbs on a plate and dredge extra breadcrumbs onto cake.
- Heat a frying pan to medium and lightly surface with oil.
- Right before adding cake, add a teaspoons of butter for flavor and browning.
- Add cake to pan and cook without lid until golden brown and hot throughout.
- *Garnish with lemon, paprika, or parsley.
- Serve promptly.
- NOTE: Make smaller cakes for finger food.