1/2 Photos of Emergency Chocolate Cake - America's Test Kitchen
Debbie R.'s Note:
Very simple and very moist. Be sure to use Dutch-processed cocoa and not anything else. I used Hershey's Special Dark, and it didn't have as much chocolate flavor as I would have liked. I think this might be good with some dark or white chocolate chips folded in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degress; lightly spray an 8-inch square cake pan with oil spray.
- 2Whisk flour, sugar and baking soda together in large bowl.
- 3In separate bowl, whisk cocoa and water trogether until smooth. Whisk in the mayonnaise and vanilla. Stir the mayonnaise mixture into the flour mixture until combined.
- 4Put into pan; smooth the top. Bake until toothpick tests clean but with a few crumbs attached, about 35-40 minutes.
- 5Let cool in pan on rack 1 - 2 hours May top with confectioners sugar sifted over top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emergency Chocolate Cake - America's Test Kitchen
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 293.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g