Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here's a fast dessert for unexpected company!
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 1 quart casserole dish.
- Pour in the Cherry Pie filling.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- In a food processor, whirl together the sugar, flour, wheat germ, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter.
- Add the oatmeal and give it a quick one, two, three pulse.
- Sprinkle over the cherries.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top.
- Serve warm or chilled.