Recipe by TheRealMoxie
These are from Abby Dodge's book "Weekend Baker." Great cupcakes when your kid tells you at bedtime, "I forgot, I have to bring cupcakes tomorrow!"
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
Wow, I am so impressed by this recipe. I whipped up a batch of this cause I needed something to take to a friends house and time was just flying by. I couldn't believe the end result was so delicious! I took most of them over there but kept a couple for myself. Wish I kept more, they are so good! Everyone complimented the cakes as well. Excellent recipe! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line 12 regular-sized muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a blender. Cover with the lid and blend on medium-speed until blended. Pour in the water, oil, egg and vanilla. Cover with the lid and blend on medium-high speed until sooth and well-blended, stopping to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Pour into prepared pan/cups, dividing evenly. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of one cupcake comes out clean, 15-17 minutes.
- Transfer to rack to cool for about 10 minutes, and then remove cupcakes from the pan and set them on the rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Servings: 12.