Recipe by MsPia
From Better Homes and Gardens "Hometown Cooking".
Top Review by Katanashrp
Absolutely delicious. What I love about it the most, besides how it tastes is the fact that it is flour less which means I won't under-cook or burn the roux. Basically I don't have to watch it every second which allows me to multitask with more ease. Thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped (2 cups)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 dash hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook onion and garlic in hot butter and olive oil over medium high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Stir in broth, spinach, potatoes, broccoli, oregano, mustard, salt, nutmeg and hot sauce.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to pan. Stir in milk. Heat through.
- Serve with croutons if desired.