Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lovely salad that I've enjoyed in Japanese establishments. It is pretty close to the one I had, though I do believe there were pieces of agar and red pepper flakes in the one I ate before. This salad is also different because the sea veggies aren't as bright a green. I suspect this is because the sea veggies I used aren't artificially colored. This goes well with any Tofu or Miso dish. I didn't include the chilling time in the recipe.
- Soak Wakame in enough warm filtered water to reconstitute it. About 5 minutes. It should be soft. Drain it well and pat dry. Remove any tough stems and discard. Cut the sea veggies into strips.
- Soak the Arame the same as the Wakame. Drain and pat dry. Combine the Wakame and Arame in a medium size bowl.
- Make your dressing. In a small bowl mix the vinegar, sesame oil, rice syrup, tamari or soy sauce and pepper. Add to the sea veggies and toss to coat.
- Stir in the sesame seeds. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- You can serve this over a green salad if you like.
- Bon Appetit!