Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I really like this tasty side dish with ham. The flavors go so well together. It's very easy to put together and kids seem to like this alot because it's creamy and cheesy.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I like it with cream of celery or cream of chicken, too)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I use more)
- Cook onions in butter over medium heat just until tender.
- Stir in rice, soup and broccoli (I usually add about an extra 1/2 cup of cheddar in with this, too).
- Turn into a buttered, shallow, 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
Thoroughly enjoyed. Made up to the point of putting in the oven and put in the frig instead. The next night popped in the oven (add 15 minutes to heat time) and there it was hot and cheesy (used 1 cup). This was very yummy, wonder how it would be say with Swiss cheese??? Will make this aging. Thanks for the post.
Easy and tasty, enjoyed this, made the whole recipe and DH enjoyed again today. Thank you for sharing a very handy recipe :) made for I Recommend tag game
We enjoyed this but, as I suspected, pimentos would be nice and appealing. I'll try it next time. Thanks!