Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
I really like this tasty side dish with ham. The flavors go so well together. It's very easy to put together and kids seem to like this alot because it's creamy and cheesy.
Top Review by Debbwl
Thoroughly enjoyed. Made up to the point of putting in the oven and put in the frig instead. The next night popped in the oven (add 15 minutes to heat time) and there it was hot and cheesy (used 1 cup). This was very yummy, wonder how it would be say with Swiss cheese??? Will make this aging. Thanks for the post.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I like it with cream of celery or cream of chicken, too)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions in butter over medium heat just until tender.
- Stir in rice, soup and broccoli (I usually add about an extra 1/2 cup of cheddar in with this, too).
- Turn into a buttered, shallow, 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.