Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in an old cookbook that was my grandmother's. This punch will serve 40 to 50 people, depending on how much water you add.
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes lime Jell-O gelatin
- 2 (8 ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 (8 ounce) cans frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (32 ounce) can pineapple juice (or 2 16-oz. cans)
- 1 teaspoon mint extract (optional)
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 1 -3 cup water, to dilute
- green food coloring, if desired
- Combine sugar and water, bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and stir in Jello. Cool.
- Add jucies, mint extract if using, and water to desired strength. (I suggest tasting it first after adding about 1 cup of water. If it is too sweet for you, add some more water until it tastes right.).
- Add ginger ale just before serving.
- Green food coloring may be added before serving if you like. This makes it festive for St. Patrick's Day, Christmas, New Year, or any other party that you can think of where green would look nice.
- Note: You can use any flavor of Jello you like--strawberry, cherry, lemon, etc. and omit the mint extract if desired. Use an appropriate food coloring.