Light, low-fat, and delicious
Make and share this Emerald Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large pot, combine potatoes and lightly salted water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and then cook until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine milk, scallions& kale.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl.
- Add butter and mash with potato masher until smooth.
- gradually stir in hot milk mixture until combined.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- If desired, add 2 or 3 roasted garlic cloves with salt& pepper!