Recipe by graffeetee
Here's a savory quick bread that's good for St. Patty's Day, but the ingredients are a bit different. I like the extra texture from the oats, and it generally comes out pretty moist. I believe this was from an old Bon Appetit.
Top Review by rcgossett
I really liked this recipe, I made it for St Pat's day, and it turned out beautifully. I made as directed, and it was great. I liked the oat texture. I think that next time I make this I will add more honey for a sweeter flavor. I did have one problem though, it was a bit dry I don't know if that is how soda breads are but I think next time I will add just 1/4 cup more milk, or use buttermilk instead. Alll in all a good bread. I will make again.
- 1 1⁄4 cups oatmeal (old fashioned or quick cooking, but NOT instant)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (nonfat ok)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 3 mini loaf pans.
- Grind oatmeal in food processor fitted with the steel blade. Oats should be on the fine side, but if you like more texture leave some larger pieces inches.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Whisk milk, honey parsley and egg together until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Divide batter among the prepared loaf pans and bake until done, about 50 minutes.