Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 225 g spring greens, finely shredded (8 oz)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 450 g rice, cooked (1 lb)
- 1 pinch msg
- 75 g ham, finely shredded (3 oz)
- Sprinkle the finely shredded greens with 1 teaspoon salt and leave for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the liquid and chop finely.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying-pan or crepe pan.
- Pur in the beaten egg and allow to spread thinly over with a palette knife and cook the other side gently.
- Remove the omelette and cut into fine shreds.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the frying-pan and add the finely chopped greens.
- Stir-fry for about 30 seconds, then remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok until it is smoking.
- Add the spring onions, then the rice, and toss well together until the rice is heated through.
- Add the remaining salt with the MSG, greens, omelette shreds and ham.
- Toss all together and serve hot on a serving dish.
This is how my husband always using leftover rice. My 4 year old likes it too. Add the Kielbasa and you will be even more happy. I dont use MSG thou.